CONTRACTOR BRIDGING FINANCE
Subsidy bridging finance is a project/development finance product that offers short-term loans revolving facility, typically taken out for a period of 60 days or longer to bridge contractor’s cash flows pending payment by the respective employer. NHFC provides bridging finance to contractors who have been appointed for the construction of subsidised houses either by an organ of Government or the private sector.
- The borrowing entity must be a registered legal entity
- The contractor must be awarded a construction contract from Governmental Department (National, Provincial or Local) or the private sector
- Must be registered with the NHBRC and have a CIDB grading and
- The project feasibility must be financially viable per NHFC criteria
- Equity contribution is required and is determined on a case by case basis to enable acceptable gearing levels.